Azithromycin / J01F A10
Azithromycin - 250 mg.
AZITHROMYCIN is a macrolide antibiotic with a broad-spectrum antimicrobial action. AZITHROMYCIN inhibits bacterial protein biosynthesis by reversibly binding to the ribosomal 50s sub-unit and inhibiting the translocation of peptides. AZITHROMYCIN is active against gram-positive aerobic bacteria, some of grampositive anaerobic bacteria, and gram-negative aerobic bacteria. AZITHROMYCIN is also active against intracellular and other microorganisms. Erythromycin-resistant microorganisms most probably are resistant to AZITHROMYCIN.
AZITHROMYCIN is indicated for the treatment of the following infections if caused by microorganisms susceptible to AZITHROMYCIN:
- ear, nose, throuat infections, upper respiratory tract infections (sinusitis, otitis media, bacterial pharyngitis, tonsillitis);
- lower respiratory tract infections (bacterial bronchitis, pneumonia);
- skin and soft tissue infections (erysipelas, impetigo, secondary pyodermatoses);
- erythema migrans (early Lyme desease);
- urogenital infections (uncomplicated Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis and cervicitis).
Dosage and pharmaceutical form:
capsules 250 mg, 6 capsules in blister, 1 blister in package.